Pages

Wednesday 26 June 2013

student blog post about Silver Birch book

Tinfoil Sky
Cyndi Sand-Eveland
Tundra Books


Tinfoil sky is about a girl named Mel and her mom named Cecily. Mel's mom doesn't have a lot of money so they have to live with her boyfriend. When Cecily and her boyfriend get in  a fight Cecily decides to go and live her mom Gladys .When Gladys won't let them stay with her they are forced to live out of their Pinto. When Cecily gets taken away from Mel and the Pinto is gone Mel has to live with Gladys.
This novel made me appreciate my family. I am so lucky to have two brothers that love me and if I were in trouble I know they would help. Even though they don't always act like they love me I know they do .I think if Mel had a brother or sister would have been easier for her because they could help on each other when Cecily got taken away. I have never been in a situation that Mel has and I want to keep it that way.
I liked how the author use strong describing word when describing how Mel felt. I think the book would have been better if the author wrote it in Mel's point of view or if it was written like Mel's journal because i would have liked to hear Mel's feelings on what was going on from her point of view.
Overall I would rate this book an 8 because I think would had more emotion to it if it was written in Mel's eyes.
                                                                                                      Lexy 

No comments:

Post a Comment